Saturday, June 4, 2011

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - First Glance

I know I shouldn't have even clicked the link. I should have immediately averted my eyes from the audacious portal which would lead me to this trailer. But I couldn't help it. The remake of Yellow Birds' The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo film has been described by many as the biggest kick to the gonads for the international film circuit in the history of the industry. And rightly so. With the last film having not even been released, a remake was considered a massive insult to the original producers. So why have I posted the trailer here? Because it actually looks pretty damn good! The thing about a remake that is great is that the premise is the original movie itself, rather than the narrative that movie grew from. The downfall of this is that the original source for the original movie will probably be lost in transit. I think this movie is going to be great at highlighting the work of Niels Arden Oplev and the Yellow Birds crew but it will have Stieg Larsson turning in his grave. Ladies beware: Daniel Craig is here and looking sexier than ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment