Wednesday, March 24, 2010

One Liner Revision

Ok, so the reception of my one-liner didn't go as planned. Basically when we got into class, Christine read out all the one-liners which had been posted anonymously (thankgod) and then discussed what was right with them or what was wrong.

Mine, unfortunately, fell into the latter category. It seems that judging by my very short one-liner (which I had to admit was much shorter than everyone elses), there just wasn't enough drama to fulfill the rest of the story. And that I had to admit was true.

You see, at this stage of my life right now, I'm juggling finding a new place, settling into a routine for uni/study, I've just started a new job at a nightclub which totally takes it out of you on the weekends, and with all of this going on I'm trying to organised my exchange to Florida on top. Not that I'm making excuses for myself. But I really didn't think my story through properly so I should have been expecting this kind of reception.

The funny thing though was when I sneakily asked my friend Cher what she thought of the one-liner with the girl who made pancakes. In her typical, short fashion, Cher blurted out that the idea was stupid saying "Who wants to watch a girl cook pancakes??". I thought it was hilarious and a real eye opener.

So now it's back to square one. Well, not really. I still like the idea of the girl cheating on two guys at the same time but I still have to incorporate some form of drama into that as well. Hopefully I come up with something before the synopsis is due next week...

0 comments:

Post a Comment