Saturday, August 6, 2011

Apologies

I had a pretty bad start to MI2. I missed my first two lectures due to engagements in Perth and a shoot I was working on in Maryland. As a result, I wasn't in class when everyone was placed into groups for their seminars. I knew how the seminars worked based on the ones I went to two years ago in 1st year so knew there would be a TV seminar, film seminar, etc, etc. I really, really wanted to be in the film seminar as it would have been an opportunity to meet professionals within the film industry and ask them to come speak with us in the seminars. It's also a sneaky bit of networking which is great for us third years about to embark on our journey to the professional universe.

As fate would have it, the film seminar and tv seminar (my second choice) were both full and I had a choice between sound, distribution or digital/alternative media. I chose digital/alternative media based on the group that had already begun to form for the seminar who I knew were really good students, dedicated individuals who would work really hard for the project.

At today's lecture, I met up with the group and made a point of being open and available to everything that was floating around. By this point, the group had already made amazing headway, having secured 3 guests and already beginning to think about how the seminar itself would run. I asked how I could help and eventually it was decided that I would assist Mel in organizing the run schedule thinking about how we could arrange the examples of work from our guests in a creative way. Mel and I are going to converse using Facebook over the weekend whilst I'm in Perth so that hopefully by next week we'll have something set up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment