Saturday, May 22, 2010

Shoot # 2

After last night’s triumphant filming, everyone began today in really good spirits. We were all definitely bolstered by how successful we were yesterday which showed in how efficient everyone was moving tonight. Louise, Megan and Arthur were all a little late from Arthur’s shoot but that didn’t affect the rest of the night as Patricia, Luke, Roland, Deanna and I were all ready and raring to go by the time they got there. For the rest of the night, everything pretty much ran like clockwork. Tonight’s scenes were definitely more about Luke’s performance than getting the shots we needed so it was really important that I was switched on and responding to Luke’s performance to give him direction. It was extremely hard because many times I wanted to show him exactly how I wanted the scene to play out but when I did this a few times, I noticed he was slowly losing interest so to bring him back, I asked him to give me his own variations of the various scenes we were filming. The results were better than what I had expected, which is what Dr. Carlin told us would happen, as Luke was able to interpret the scene with a fresh mind and gave us all something we hadn’t planned. One example of this was for the film’s end shot in which he raises the remote to the camera to “switch us off.” Luke suggested a cheeky smile and I wasn’t convinced but thinking about it now, it gives a whole new dimension to the film, almost implying that Luke deliberately had something to do with Lara’s demise.

The rest of the filming went just as smoothly as the night before and after we had finished (again, an hour earlier than scheduled), we all helped pack up, say goodbye to Luke, and drive the equipment back to Arthur’s house to be taken to school on Monday. When Jess and I got home, we watched a well deserved hour of True Blood (our new obsession) and I have to say now, I will definitely be sleeping like a baby all day tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment